http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > StreetFighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 9:29 am   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopazz1 View Post
lol some good one... mine is pretty similar.

I was 20 years old on my first R6 when I was going to meet these 3 hot chicks for lunch. Well I pulled up to the parking lot at the same time they did just beside them. One of them that I wanted to get with at the time came up and said hi and started chatting about my bike as I was still sitting on it. Finally after a couple minutes we all decide to go in, so I go to get off my bike fully confident that my kickstand was down lol nope... it was just a "oh shit oh shit, nooooo" the bike started to fall on me but I managed to move out of the way as it was falling down and one of the girls was directly behind me as I pinned her against her car with my back, because I was completely off balance lol... they were all concerned, didn't start laughing until I did hahaha... FML long story short I got some

Did you finally get with the girl?
MadMikeF1098 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 12:09 pm   #12 (permalink)

Whew I had a nice one last year at the Indy MotoGP race. Me and a friend riding into the parking area inside the track, they are lining up hundreds of bikes to park (of course) and I'm on my BMW r1150rt (sport touring.)

Seeing as how the parking is in the grass, the final guy waving you in to your spot tosses down a kickstand plate. The plates they toss are just stamped metal, there are no grooves in them or anything, just bare, slick steel. You can probably see where this is going...

I kick the plate over to my kickstand and start undoing my gear while sitting on the bike. I look down and put my kickstand down and it appears to be right on the plate. Well... it was, except the plate was halfway in a hole I couldn't see in the grass. Sure enough, the moment I kick my leg out over the bike to get off the bike starts tipping on me. I drop my lid and immediately grab it because they are parking bikes about 24" apart and if this goes it's domino time.

I caught it, but barely... basically I trapped myself between my bike and the one behind me (at least preventing any damage to either bike) and two guys on the other side of me had to run over and lift it up off me.

I had a huge bruise across my backside from where my bike landed on me and threw me into the peg of the bike behind me.

Could have been much worse with all the bikes around.. but it was still rather embarrassing.
Perm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 10:47 pm   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeF1098 View Post
Did you finally get with the girl?
yes... hence the long story short, I got some lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perm View Post
Whew I had a nice one last year at the Indy MotoGP race. Me and a friend riding into the parking area inside the track, they are lining up hundreds of bikes to park (of course) and I'm on my BMW r1150rt (sport touring.)

Seeing as how the parking is in the grass, the final guy waving you in to your spot tosses down a kickstand plate. The plates they toss are just stamped metal, there are no grooves in them or anything, just bare, slick steel. You can probably see where this is going...

I kick the plate over to my kickstand and start undoing my gear while sitting on the bike. I look down and put my kickstand down and it appears to be right on the plate. Well... it was, except the plate was halfway in a hole I couldn't see in the grass. Sure enough, the moment I kick my leg out over the bike to get off the bike starts tipping on me. I drop my lid and immediately grab it because they are parking bikes about 24" apart and if this goes it's domino time.

I caught it, but barely... basically I trapped myself between my bike and the one behind me (at least preventing any damage to either bike) and two guys on the other side of me had to run over and lift it up off me.

I had a huge bruise across my backside from where my bike landed on me and threw me into the peg of the bike behind me.

Could have been much worse with all the bikes around.. but it was still rather embarrassing.
That would of been nuts!
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 6:04 am   #14 (permalink)

lol, this is a great thread....if we cant laugh at ourselves, what do we have right. It was my first Ducati, purchased a used 749s. Drove to a friends apartment to show it off. In the parking lot a cute girl driving out slows down to stare a bit, I notice and completely slam the front brake. I guess my brain stopped because next thing I know ive lost it and the bike fell over braking the shift selector.
persempre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.