Vortex rearsets - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > StreetFighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 12:05 am   #1 (permalink)

Vortex rearsets

Vortex black rearsets rs198k
Vortex RS198K - Vortex Racing Adjustable Rearsets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
will those fit on the SF?
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2011, 12:36 am   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Doubtful. If it says it'll fit the xx98, that won't mean it'll fit the SF. I know that's the case with the Aculign's. I went with Lightech and am 101% happy. Mmmk, maybe even 103% happy.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbup:

btw, you could try to fit it, but at the least, you'll def need some spacers in there.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 7:46 am   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
The bolt pattern is the same so it will bolt up but there may be other clearance issues.

It'll probably work but why would you want to use those ugly things?

flynbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:47 am   #4 (permalink)

Com-onnn. Fat rearsets need lovin too!
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S (sold)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR (sold)

What you know about bacon...bitch?!
ltsnipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 8:29 pm   #5 (permalink)

****: What Lightech's are you using. Can you provide a link?

Thanks,
pcoakle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** View Post
Doubtful. If it says it'll fit the xx98, that won't mean it'll fit the SF. I know that's the case with the Aculign's. I went with Lightech and am 101% happy. Mmmk, maybe even 103% happy.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbup:

btw, you could try to fit it, but at the least, you'll def need some spacers in there.
pcoakle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:52 pm   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoakle1 View Post
****: What Lightech's are you using. Can you provide a link?

Thanks,
pcoakle1
Here is the exact set that I have.
Cicky>

However, if you do go with this set, I would seriously suggest you get the folding toe peg on both sides of your controls. In the event that you go down, this alone will save you a lot of headache in repair. The set are so strong, that the non-folding toe peg that comes with the set, will catch the road, and bend the shit out of the rest of the controls. However, if you have the folding toe peg (which does not come with the set/the nonfolding toe pegs DO come with the set) then you should be able to save most of whatever side you go down on. Not sure why Lightec would sell the folding rearsets, with the folding foot pegs, but not include the folding TOE PEG??!?!??

Click here for the folding TOE peg>

Super easy to install. Really a plug and play install. One thing tho, when installing the brake side, you'll end up needing to bleed the master on that side, as somehow, air gets in the cylinder when free'ing up the OEM rearsets.

The gnarley'ness of the lightech's are exremely catchy. No slipping whatsoever here. Billet aluminum all around. Hard anodized, I believe. A little spendy, however loads of adjustability and great build quality offset the initial sting of the high(er) price tag. The fitting and machining is extremely tight. No play in the parts whatsoever. EXACTLY what you would expect on a great quality billet part(s). The fitments are like unto a bank vault, or a nicely made slider on a 1911.

Hit me up if you have any other questions.

btw, I've had others ride my bike (on the street) who said they'd wish the pegs stuck out more. But if you're trackin' the bike, you'll know Lightec made them shorter for a damned good fuckin' reason. IMHO, the best rearset that money can buy, for the F1098(S), right now. I tried to get the Acculigns to work, and they were able to be installed, but not without a lot of aftertought/work put in them. So I sent them back. I'm a HUGE fan of Acculigns. Mark (the owner of the company is also a great guy as well, and gives fantastic support for his product.) Kind of sad, he had to close his doors. (That's at least what he and I talked about over email several yrs back) But since the Acculigns didn't quite work out, I went with Lightec. A very, very good and solid choice.

ps, might take a while to get them, as from what I understand, all shops here stateside, don't readily carry them. They all have to order them straight from the mother land. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Last edited by ****; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 1:17 pm.
**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 1:05 pm   #7 (permalink)

ps, I've ridden the bike on the Lightec rearsets for hours and hours in complete downpouring rain. (So much rain, that I poured water out of both my boots) Both on the street, and an extremely rainy day at the track, and not a single slip from the pegs. Wasn't even a concern of mine. Not in the least. Foot placement is so incredibly easy and natural on this rearset, that you don't even think about what's going on down there. You just ride and ride and ride.

I can't say that about the OEM rearsets. Not on a rainy street or track day. That's for sure.

Last edited by ****; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 1:35 pm.
**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 2:50 pm   #8 (permalink)

If you decide to go with the Vortex rear sets, you'll want to file the knurls down a bit and wear shin guards when you walk around your bike. They are grippy but youll likely wear the soles on your boots out very quickly.
I went with the Gilles Tooling VCR rear sets for a 1098 and couldnt be happier. I did have to modify the heat shield and lower bracket to get full range of motion tho.
Knoxvillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 2:12 pm   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxvillan View Post
If you decide to go with the Vortex rear sets, you'll want to file the knurls down a bit and wear shin guards when you walk around your bike. They are grippy but youll likely wear the soles on your boots out very quickly.
I went with the Gilles Tooling VCR rear sets for a 1098 and couldnt be happier. I did have to modify the heat shield and lower bracket to get full range of motion tho.
Howdy Jason! Happy 4th bud! ;-)

Glad ur rear sets worked out for ya. Could you post a picture of your handiwork, when you get a chance? Kind of interested...
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 3:40 pm   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** View Post
Howdy Jason! Happy 4th bud! ;-)

Glad ur rear sets worked out for ya. Could you post a picture of your handiwork, when you get a chance? Kind of interested...
Anything for you buddy. How are you? Are you all having a good 4th out your way? I havent gotten to ride much this weekend but i have been able to swing the golf clubs all weekend since the Mrs is sitting in front of the tv watching the Anthony trial lol.

I cut the stock heat shield, sanded and painted the top piece just to cover up that top mounting bracket. i did have to cut and grind down the bottom mounting bracket.
I'll get ya a better close up of the actual rear sets today.

Last edited by Knoxvillan; Jul 3rd, 2011 at 3:46 pm.
Knoxvillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement