Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Vortex rearsets

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Knoxvillan 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Doubtful. If it says it'll fit the xx98, that won't mean it'll fit the SF. I know that's the case with the Aculign's. I went with Lightech and am 101% happy. Mmmk, maybe even 103% happy.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbup:

btw, you could try to fit it, but at the least, you'll def need some spacers in there.

#7 · (Edited)
ps, I've ridden the bike on the Lightec rearsets for hours and hours in complete downpouring rain. (So much rain, that I poured water out of both my boots) Both on the street, and an extremely rainy day at the track, and not a single slip from the pegs. Wasn't even a concern of mine. Not in the least. Foot placement is so incredibly easy and natural on this rearset, that you don't even think about what's going on down there. You just ride and ride and ride.

I can't say that about the OEM rearsets. Not on a rainy street or track day. That's for sure.

#8 ·
If you decide to go with the Vortex rear sets, you'll want to file the knurls down a bit and wear shin guards when you walk around your bike. They are grippy but youll likely wear the soles on your boots out very quickly.
I went with the Gilles Tooling VCR rear sets for a 1098 and couldnt be happier. I did have to modify the heat shield and lower bracket to get full range of motion tho.

#11 ·
Jason! Yeah, we're having a solid 4th, so far. Nothing too grand, just relaxing and taking it easy...Like Sunday morning....

Hey, great work, and a solid retrofiting of the whole set-up! Good job!

How'd you cut it (the OEM stock sheild)? Plasma cutter? IMHO, this is the best and cheapest alternative, to a whole aftermarket rearset retrofit. Two thumbs up!

Nice job on the Rizoma covers as well. I see the bike is coming together really well. ;)

Thanks for posting.

#12 ·
Thank you, im happy with how it turned out. I actually used a dremmel to cut the stock shield. I used a piece of duct tape on the line i wanted to cut to prevent a rough a jagged cut. i cut my line right with the curve of the metal, removed the tape, ran it across a grinding and buffing wheel, then sanded and painted the entire piece.
hope you all have a safe and relaxing remainder of the holiday weekend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.