PCV Maps for Streetfighter - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > StreetFighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 1:05 am   #1 (permalink)

PCV Maps for Streetfighter

This Friday the bike is scheduled for a Power Commander and its associated AutoTune module installation (AutoTune is an additional electronic device that works in conjunction with Power Commander).
For a better and a quicker result it is recommended to pre-load a map (PCV) that is close to the current bike's configuration.
Unfortunately there are only two maps available on PC web site. I wonder if there are any links to download-able maps for Streetfighter. Or may be there is anyone who has a bike with a configuration similar to mine which is a Full Termi exhaust system+DP ECU+DP Air Filter and DP carbon fiber oversize air ducts (intakes).
Sputniks is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 2:18 am   #2 (permalink)

Make sure you get a map for the slipper clutch too.

'86 GSXR-750
'91 FZR-600
'09 M696
'10 Streetfighter

direktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 7:16 am   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputniks View Post
This Friday the bike is scheduled for a Power Commander and its associated AutoTune module installation (AutoTune is an additional electronic device that works in conjunction with Power Commander).
For a better and a quicker result it is recommended to pre-load a map (PCV) that is close to the current bike's configuration.
Unfortunately there are only two maps available on PC web site. I wonder if there are any links to download-able maps for Streetfighter. Or may be there is anyone who has a bike with a configuration similar to mine which is a Full Termi exhaust system+DP ECU+DP Air Filter and DP carbon fiber oversize air ducts (intakes).
I have a custom twin cylinder map that was made on a Dyno for my SF. It had the Termi slipons, DP air filter, modified intakes, etc... Was making just under 149hp at the wheel on my bike.

Shoot me an email address, or I will see if I can upload the map here for anyone who wants it.

That should be the map, I don't have the DJ software installed on this machine to check it, let me know if it is the right one. The Dyno chart shows the difference of back to back runs with the airbox modded and without.
Attached Thumbnails
PCV Maps for Streetfighter-2010-ducati-streetfighter-airbox-mod.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nixon10DucStreetfighter.zip (668 Bytes, 36 views)
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 10:22 am   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the map David! I really appreciate it.
Director, after a few months on Ducati.ms forum it became quite difficult for me to see when it is a joke or not. Sorry if I misunderstand anything.... but are you serious about a slipper clutch and the map? What is the relationship between a slipper clutch and air/fuel mixture map? I thought the only parts that are involved here are the ECU, exhaust, intakes, the airbox, a quick shifter and may be some other mods that are directly involved to intake/exhaust line. Please correct me if I misunderstand anything.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 10:30 am   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputniks View Post
Thanks for the map David! I really appreciate it.
Director, after a few months on Ducati.ms forum it became quite difficult for me to see when it is a joke or not. Sorry if I misunderstand anything.... but are you serious about a slipper clutch and the map? What is the relationship between a slipper clutch and air/fuel mixture map? I thought the only parts that are involved here are the ECU, exhaust, intakes, the airbox, a quick shifter and may be some other mods that are directly involved to intake/exhaust line. Please correct me if I misunderstand anything.
He is joking.

Personally, I don't like the automapper. It sounds good on paper, but they never seem to give results that are as good as a custom map.

Try my map, if it feels like it is pretty dialed in, return the autotune and get your money back.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 12:52 pm   #6 (permalink)

Sputs,

What are you using in conjunction with the PCV to allow you to tune below 5k rpms?

-you only live once, and I feel like I'm running out of time...
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 2:23 pm   #7 (permalink)
The Mad Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oahu 'fighter View Post
Sputs,

What are you using in conjunction with the PCV to allow you to tune below 5k rpms?
Throttle blipping
Wonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 2:36 pm   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oahu 'fighter View Post
Sputs,

While an opinion that DP Ecu that comes with full Termi exhaust system doesn't let to tune below 5K RPM is quite popular I still would like to see if that opinion is correct by installing the Power Commander with Autotune.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 3:01 pm   #9 (permalink)
IHMC Est. 2010

Sounds like a good plan Sputternuts. You obviously have more money than you need and as far as scientific protocol goes, it is good judgement to repeat the very same experiment just to see if the results will be different. You are such a skeptic you little rascal
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 3:27 pm   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerburn View Post
Sounds like a good plan Sputternuts. You obviously have more money than you need and as far as scientific protocol goes, it is good judgement to repeat the very same experiment just to see if the results will be different. You are such a skeptic you little rascal
I just want to make my bike faster then yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement