Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Peg risers instead of rearsets

7K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Spex 
#1 ·
So I found a set of footpeg risers for a fraction of the price of a new rearset and I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. I've read somewhere that your brake and shift lever will be at the same height so nothing will change, however, I've studied the levers a bit and it seems that they can be adjusted to be a bit higher than normal.

To be honest I think Ducati fluked it a little bit with the stock pegs. They aren't that bad, but they're mounted too much backwards in a way that, if you sit on your bike pro actively, your feet come into a really weird and awkward position.

So I was wondering, this stuff, is it any good? They cost $50 bucks a pair exc. shipping which is a real steal compared to real rearsets, and these also fold :eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
I offer these on my website, but they are more than $50/pr new for the 3-piece set. They work great on many Ducatis. Be sure to get the pivot bases that fit your bike (Multi and Hyper are the same in this respect). The brake and shift pedals adjust plenty to accomodate the 23 or 30mm offset arms in most positions, depending on your shoe size of course. The "race" style pegs shown are very grippy for smooth soles, make foot repositioning easy. We also have a "tour" style peg that has bigger grips and works well with lugged soles. Both are grippy when wet and let you forget about your feet and just ride.

pg
DD

#3 ·
Well, it's not those on that picture. These are the ones for $50. They are apparently 12 position adjustable and look pretty nice to me.

It's not so much the grip from the stock pegs that's bothering me, but it's the way they're positioned(a bit low and really weird profile).

#6 ·
Not to be rude, but the look of the chinese pegs is a bit better than the shift-techs IMHO. Not too fond of the round mounting, looks a bit out of place, and for the price of a shift-tech I can get 5 chinese ones. Probably the shift-techs are great, but if the pegs don't fix my problem I guess it would be wiser to save up and get a real set of rear-sets, but that's sort of my backup plan. The money tree hasn't been too fond of me this month seeing how I've spent almost everything towards the hyper's upgrades :rolleyes:

#8 ·
OP has a pic of "ducati designs" brand with slash cut. I had them on for 1 1/2 years. Quality parts, work as intended. I didn't need to adjust controls.

I sold mine and went to stock because I'm tall and it's not a superbike. I felt I needed more surface area and the stock pegs work fine if you raise ride height front and rear.

Call before you order. Don't get the huge offset adapters. 30mm is fine.

I obviously powder coated mine.

#9 · (Edited)
Sometimes QUALITY & SERVICE is more important than the lowest price, and thats where Shift-Tec is at the top of my list when it comes to vendors, Guiedo is amazing.

If you want a adjustable footpegs for comfort, they are fine, but since the shifter & brake lever do not get raised with footpegs, they are no better than stock ones at the track, or hard canyon running. Aloha Alex

#16 ·
I bought my bike with the Rizoma rearsets already installed, had to buy a set of Rizoma passenger pegs so my girl could ride cause those eliminate the ones on the stock...last week had a bit of a scare when my peg started spinning during the ride, apparently this bike vibrates the hell outta all these bolts. Put some locktite on it as soon as I got back!

#18 ·
Well, just got home from a ride and they were in the mail. Got them out and they are very light and the machining is pretty good to be honest, expected a lot less. Will mount them tomorrow or saturday and post my findings. However, first I'm going to loctite everything :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Guido,

Take a pair of those Gilles Tooling pegs in black anodized with rubber insert.... Drop them on the ground and scratch them right up, then post them on the website for 50% off and let me know before you do so. :D:D:D

Is there any way to get a Florida Resident, Ducati.ms, AARP, and/or retiree discount?!

Hehehehehehe, JK!!! Those pegs are SAAAWWWWEEEETTTT!

-Alex

#22 · (Edited)
WakeDude PM send:)

Retail of $ 239.00 ends up to be $ 215.10 for member with Free Shipping within USA, 5 Year Gilles Warranty and a good fitment with superior finish.....

Seven9Six If you find me somebody in the USA who can make these for $ 40.00 the pair who does good quality and is reliable I will give you $ 55.00 for them and order 25-50 set's for the first order and more to follow and I be giving more orders for other bikes and will retail them for $ 99.99 a set. Let me know if you succeed.....

#26 ·
Drinky,

I am planning to get the same pair of rear sets which you owned. Whats your review so far? My Alphine star gotex riding boots soles are thick! I need to move the pedal down so that the feet can go in smoothly to gear up.

#27 ·
Drinky,

I'm very much looking forward to this review and more pics once you have them on your bike. I was looking at the same thing and wondered how the shifter positioning would feel. In reality, I just want a better foot peg. If I can get a few millimeters lower without messing up the shifting geometry, that would be great too.

#30 ·
So, I rode an 848 today with upgraded "rearsets." But the issue with these were that the shifter pedal was not changed. The guy put the pegs as low as he could and I suppose that the positioning would feel like these.

Well, it was miserable. I felt that the shifting point was all wrong and I kept mis-shifting. I felt like I was really reaching with my boots to upshift. I was wearing Sidi Vertigo boots.

I did like the more aggressive pegs, though. Huge difference from my stock rinky dink pegs. If I can just upgrade the pegs without lowering the pegs, I'd do it today.

#35 ·
drinky can you show your stock peg beside the new peg so we can see where its off.mostly the side that mounts to the bike. looks like the hole is off making the new pge sit out to far and folding down to much? would love to know cause i want to order a set but if there fucked up i wont.

thanks for the info

mike

#37 ·
Yep. Same here. Really hope that the fitting will go with the hypermotard. Should i take a plunge with the hypermotard ebay advertisement??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.