Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By jahjah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 1:36 pm Thread Starter

Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist

Quote:
Not quite two years after running over Chief Petty Officer Zacharias Buob in a San Diego road-rage “accident”, Darla Renee Jackson was sentenced yesterday to six years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Read more about the Wheels Of Justice: San Diego Woman Gets Six Years In Death Of Motorcyclist at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 5:29 pm

She got off a lot lighter than he did. Phuqer.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Nothing "involuntary" that any of us could see in the film. Should have been pure manslaughter or go to jury.

2016 Ducati 939 Hypermotard SP
2015 Hyperstrada. Wifes bike.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 6:08 pm
SP3

she got off light - "middle term" the judge said. she should have gotten the max. she won't serve the full six she did get anyway. watch........

1991 851 SP3
1966 250 Monza
1999 Moster 900 City (not so much City anymore)

appearing to appear to know what I know.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 8:12 pm

sentencing?

the expression on her face when the verdict came in like who me? some real sorry so called drivers on the roads today.how about probation for a pickup driver causing a bicyclists end stage experience? there ought to be no mercy for the taking of another humans life.Probation for driver that killed Michigan triathlete angers cyclists all you can hope for is a civil judgement for the surviving families & that the guilty will never exit personal bankruptcy.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Garage
gotta stay safe out there people....sad....just sad
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Garage
rot in hell, bitch

2014 Multistrada GT
Past: BMW 1150 GS, Moto Guzzi Norge 8v GT (For Sale), some sort of Honda
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Unbelievable she should have received more time.
The sad state is that she will be eligible for parole in 2years. No justice on that.
They should have said "no chance of parole" that would have been slightly better.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2017, 6:52 pm

It's sickening. I have watched my city, Portland, go from a town your could transit across in a half hours to a traffic nightmare as the density increases. Oregonians have always zippered at an on ramp but the many of immigrants from the state to the south of us hug a bumper and look straight ahead, only giving way when losing a game of chicken.

Yesterday, I had to drive across town to my daughter's to help her with a sick dog. I was on I-5 and moving up a bridge ramp with a merge lane to the right. The newish Honda Civic in front of me decided to not let a car in. Maybe she was spaced out, I don't know but I left plenty of room for the man in an SUV to get behind her. He didn't. He pulled his bumper to within about 2 inches of the woman's front fender and hung his entire upper torso out of the window while he screamed at her and flipper her off in an animated fashion for about 90 seconds. We were stopped. She could not move. I though there was a good chance he was going to get out of his car. After a while, mid screaming rant, he turned and looked at me across the space I had left for him to merge. I pointed to my $40 dash cam with one finger. He retracted into his vehicle and backed it up a couple feet. I like to think he gave a thought to how he must have looked during his tirade.

I was actually concerned he might get out or pull a gun out and I would be helpless. I see this type of behavior at least once a month. The thing about it is, it's almost always a big guy yelling at a woman. This story is a good example that it isn't always a guy being the bully.

In the news story, I don't know what they argued about. I think usually somebody feels cheated or gets scared. We have a saying in our family, "let the cheaters merge". It turns out traffic keeps moving a whole lot better if you do than when you try to squeeze a cheater out.

We are kind of a liberal state and all, but when we attempted to make a few changes to allow lane splitting at intersections, the last woman to speak before the vote said, "they should have to wait like everybody else." So, we wait to get crushed.
2004 999s likes this.

I try to be thorough. I rarely return to a thread. If you have a question for me, PM me.
2001 Monster S4
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2017, 8:43 pm

dash cams/

seem to be leveling the playing field.more drivers in a rush these days than not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode