Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 EAST COAST DUCATI.MS MEET VI MAY 6-10TH *official thred*

227K views 3K replies 76 participants last post by  Wonway 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear friends,

It is between bites of french bread and cheese, and swigs of Long Trail Pale Ale, that I wonder what this coming get-together has in store for us this year.
At the very least the wonderful company of good friends, great twisty rides, and good times, and for the SIXTH year straight!
ECM is a very special trip for many of us, especially me, not least because of the discussions we shall suffer through on here, but for also for the ease with which it comes together on it's own.

It is with this in mind that I hope the grassroots mentality of this casual meetup of Ducati fans over a few days will resurge, that the parking lot will be full of banter and liquor and bikes in the evening!

It is thus that I open this up to you all, come one, come all, Ducati, no Ducati (you know who you all are, traitors, and images of a KTM toaster come to mind..).

So sit back and relax, and enjoy the....

OFFICIAL THREAD FOR THE SIXTH ANNUAL RUNNING OF THE INDEFATIGABLE, THE DESMODROMIC, THE HILARIOUS, THE RIDICULOUS, THE UNPARALLELED TWISTY-RIDING-HOPEFULLY-NO-CRASHING (AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN) TRADITIONAL GATHERING OF SAVAGE, ELOQUENT, AND TALENTED LOVERS OF ALL THINGS DUCATI...LADIES (we really really hope) AND GENTLEMEN...I HUMBLY PRESENT TO YOU THE 2015 Ducati.ms Forum EAST COAST MEETUP, May 6-10th, 2015 (no, no other time slot was available, so don't ask.)

See less See more
#2,947 ·
I just wanted to pop in and say how great it was to see everyone again.. Sorry I didn't have my usual late nights of hanging out, but sometimes we have to play grown-up!

If any of you decide to make other trips down here, give me a shout.. remember I've got a couple of spare rooms.

#2,960 ·
I had the best time this year. Couldn't have asked for better company, weather, or riding. As soon as Wonway gets the ECM 2015 page open (hint - hint), I'll post all my photos.

Here is one I will post now, under the guise of a Safety Warning - check your tires regularly. I took a solo ride after the Dam Photo. Big loop and ended up riding the Cherohala from Tellico Plains to Robinsville. I probably went a little crazy but thoroughly enjoyed a 'spirited' ride, passing all but the last bike I came up on. Ran out of road and he/she was really a good rider. Looked over the bike after strapping it to the trailer later that afternoon and what do I see? Still holding air though. Don't know why, yet!

Attachments

#2,969 ·
As soon as Wonway gets the ECM 2015 page open (hint - hint), I'll post all my photos.
I hope to get to it later today,, but have a pile of paperwork on my desk to get through first.
You broke a shock on your minivan?

Whose car is that on the rollback?

A demo car for the manufacturer I do work for. I picked it up in Georgia on Saturday to take back to my shop. It was a hell of a fun ride home until one of the super high dollar rear coil overs decided to self destruct.

One of the magazine articles on the car: PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Feature Car: 2009 BMW 535xi IASCA Expert Class Champion

#2,976 ·
Ugh...rolled in @ 6:00 this morning. It's really pretty here at that hour. Never seen it before! It's a 17 hour, 950 mile drive and shortly into the trip I decided I was shooting for home. Missed a black 4-door sedan w/ it's nose in the guardrail sitting perpendicular in the passing lane in central Pennsylvania by inches...that kept me awake for a while afterwards! :eek: A 2 hour nap at the New York border rest area was good, otherwise an uneventful trip.

My cable internet is down at home so this is the first chance to get online...Yaayyy Dialysis!

What a week, what a great time with friends new and old. It already seems so far away...almost like it was just something I read about or dreamed. I hate how time delinates the fine details, like an old picture that fades.

Just have to keep making new ones then! :D

Thanks everybody. What a great group! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.